It's February and there's so much to LOVE about this month! The month of LOVE & Black History Month! With our nation feeling more divided than ever, we feel it is more important than ever to demonstrate unity and celebrate diversity! We are always looking for ways to help you celebrate, and this year we stumbled upon a few amazing (and easy!) ideas, sites and books to celebrate Black History Month with your littles!
- This article from Brightly is a great place to start! Love the ideas on how to talk to your kids about race. It's a tough conversation but an important one. Informative and helpful ...a must read!
- Study a new person each week! Harriet Tubman, W.E.B. Dubious, Rosa Parks, George Washington Carver are just a few we adore! We love using this site for diving deep into the lives of famous people.
- Go to a museum and seek out African American art, music or history. Maybe you're lucky enough to live by one of these museums?!
- It's always inspiring to learn through food! Ethnic inspired dishes can be really fun to create and EAT together! We found a few yummy ideas from Food52... the Groundnut Stew/ Peanut Stew looks delish and is calling our name!
- Family Education has some fun Black History quick quizzes on first pioneers, politicians, artists and more!
You guys loved the M.L.K. book selections last month so we decided to round - up a few more for this month! Below are some of our favorite selections- some we have (and LOVE) and others are sitting in our Amazon cart!
Happy Valentine's and Happy Black History Month to all of you!!!